On Tuesday 30 December 2003 09:06 pm, Ben Sparks wrote:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> >Hello,
> >
> >I would like some information about emerge. I want to get the
> > package C. C depends of the package A and the package B. The
> > package B does not depend on the package A or vice-versa. I do
> > 'emerge C': emerge will build A, then B, then C. When emerge is
> > building A, I run 'emerge B'. So, B is builded at the same time
> > than A. Will 'emerge C' will build B again after A or will it
> > emerge directly C ?
> >
> >Thank very much,
> >
> >Thomas
> >

> >--

If I understand what you are asking, I would suppose that starting

# emerge C

in one terminal, and then

# emerge B

in another, will result in package B being built twice, as, if I'm not
mistaken, portage only looks at dependancies once

        If you are certain that packages you want to emerge have no comon
dependancies or dependant functions, it is generally safe to emerge
them at the same time. If you are not positive, don't take the
chance. Fixing problems you might create may more than use up the
time you might have saved.
--
Regards, Ernie
100% Microsoft and Intel free