On Fri, 2005-02-11 at 05:32 -0500, Bradley Serbu wrote:
> My flags tell me that I have a hyperthreading capable processor, which
> is new to my knowledge.  I am curious if the output is garunteed correct
> before I compile the dual-processor options in my kernel.
>
> I have a Mobile Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 - M CPU 2.00GHz

I've never heard of them being wrong, as for "guaranteed", not sure I'd
go that far.

I'm pretty sure you're going to be enabling hyperthreading (HT), not
SMP, but I could be wrong.

Keep your old kernel around, then add an additional entry for it to your
bootloader. Then if something goes wrong you can fall back to that.