I'm using xfce4-4.2.1.1, and I sure like it. However when I use a local
session, I set my fonts up the way I like them etc. When I go elsewhere,
I close that session, and start up tightvnc. This calls it the same way:
startxfce4. However when I connect to this session, all my fonts are
changed. They're generally so tiny, that it's useless.

This is a bit confusing, as when I'm local, my resolution is MUCH
higher, so it's all backwards to me. While remote I have to screw with
fonts settings to my liking. When I return, I close the remote session,
kill tightvnc, and start a local session. Then, the fonts are all
insanely huge and I end up modifying font settings  yet again.

What am I missing here? I would think the font settings should stay the
same.