daniel wrote:
I noticed that it doesn't really give the name of the card, so maybe it doesn't know how to use it? There's no option in the kernel config to enable PCI-Express in this case -- not sure why, since there is on my other athlon-tbird machine. Is this because I'm using an athlon64?

I just checked it. With

$ make ARCH=x86_64 menuconfig

there is no option for PCIe. You could try building a kernel for the i386 arch, then see if Xorg can access PCIe. You'll lose the advantage of your 64 bits, but thats still better than Windows ;-)

Christoph
--
echo mailto: NOSPAM !#$.'<*>'|sed 's. ..'|tr "<*> !#:2" [EMAIL PROTECTED]