Florian Idelberger wrote:

Normally it should be quite possible to just su into root in a terminal and then start all the gui programs you want from there as root. And if you're concerned about security in som way you really should do so. Just a recommendation.

On Apr 12, 2005 9:27 AM, *Andy* <[EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> wrote:

    Aractor wrote:

    > Why would you usually only use root?
    > Just use the Andy account and SU if you ever need something
    under the
    > root account...
    >
    > On Apr 12, 2005 12:05 AM, *Andy* <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
    <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
    > <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>>> wrote:
    >
    >     I installed Adobe photoshop using wine on an account called
    "andy". I
    >     know wine doesn't work well when used in root but I usually
    only use
    >     root so I was wondering if there is a way to open my
    Photoshop 7.0
    >     using
    >     root with Wine.
    >     --
    >     gentoo-user@gentoo.org <mailto:gentoo-user@gentoo.org>
    <mailto:gentoo-user@gentoo.org <mailto:gentoo-user@gentoo.org>>

    Mainly because Its all setup now And Im a newbie at gentoo and I
    like to
    use the GUI to do my root stuff not terminal