Hi,

On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 06:09:31 -0700 (PDT)
Michael Sullivan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> My mail
> server attempts to deliver the outgoing email, but
> returns the mail to the user who sent it with an error
> message.  The interesting thing is that I can ping the
> address of the recipient mail servers at Yahoo and
> Gmail, but I cannot telnet to their port 25.  I don't
> know if this is my problem or theirs, and if it is
> theirs I don't know how to notify them of it.

Does not sound like a DNS issue. I suspect your ISP has activated new
filter rules denying access to outside servers' port 25. Maybe they had
a few spammers on their net... I'd bet they tell you to ask their smtp
for relaying if you ask their support. That shouldn't be too hard to
setup on your mail server. Maybe they insist in using SMTP-Auth for
additional security when a non-local mail address is used as envelope
from.

HWH