Hi,

On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 07:14:05 -0700 (PDT) Michael Sullivan
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> The error message is "Warning:  Could Not Send Message
> For Past Four Hours".  It says that it could not
> connect to the server it's trying to deliver the mail
> to and that it will keep trying for the next week.  I
> am using my own mail server.  I do not wish to use
> CableOne's smtp server because I consider them to be
> incompetent.

You'll have to use some kind of relay. Because:
- you can ping by name to the outside mail server, so network
connectivity and DNS setup is OK.
- you cannot telnet its port 25, so this is administratively prohibited.
Same thing applies for your mail server.

You wont be able to do anything against it on your own side, except for
writing harsh emails to your ISP... Only exception would be a
misconfigured firewall on your side, but i don't suspect so.

Well, and luckily they didn't block incoming SMTP, that's at least
something;-) Maybe you have some internet server at hand that you could
use to set up your own outgoing relay server? It could listen on a port
!= 25.

HWH