Mark Knecht wrote:

>Hi,
>   This may be a dvdrip item but I thought I'd try here first as I'm
>not that sure about udev. my laptop is running ck-sources. I have a

Strange...I've ripped DVDs using udev, so I doubt it is a udev issue.
Unfortunately, I am 8,000 miles from home right now, with no DVDs to
experiment with.  I think I was using "dvdbackup" though.

Can you mount the DVD (this works just like mounting a CD usually, but
maybe requires UDF support??).

If so, can you play it with mplayer using "-dvd-device
/mnt/cdrom/VIDEO_TS" (or something like that...play with the path a
little).  For xine, it is something like "xine  dvd://mnt/cdrom/VIDEO_TS/"

If that all works, I can't think of any reason why dvdrip would have
trouble.

-Richard