Frédéric Grosshans <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> The sytem time of my computer drifts by roughly 5 min per day, while the
> hwclock stays at the correct time.

Sorry to butt in here but I have ntpd trouble too.  It doesn't seem to
keep correct time.

I've just followed the advice to rm /etc/adjtime and the drift file so
haven't seen any results yet..  But shouldn't somekind of sync take
place when ntpd is started?

Further, I'm not sure I really understand what is supposed to be
happening.  I've recently switched form Fedora to Gentoo.  In the old
setup I just installed a ntpd package and added servers .. it all
worked from there... never noticed the time being off at all.

On gentoo I did pretty much the same thing but the time gets off after
while.  Today its off by about 8 minutes