Kiawud wrote:
On 4/16/05, Mrugesh Karnik <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hello folks,

I'm trying to install Gentoo with LVM2. I had to stop the installation
at one point and reboot the pc. Later, I booted with LiveCD again and
now I'm wondering how I am to get my volumes back...

I did the following (I definitely think that I'm doing something wrong
here! I admit that I don't have enough knowledge about lvm yet and that
I haven't read the complete LVM HOWTO yet.)

modprobe dm_mod
pvscan <<< Found the volume vg
pvchange -a y <<< Successfully enabled vg
lvscan <<< It found all the volumes, ie, usr, home, opt, var and tmp
lvchange - a y <<< I enabled all the volumes properly.

Now, when I do lvscan again, it tells me that all the volumes are ACTIVE
and shows the path as /dev/vg/* and shows them as "inherit".

After all that, there is no /dev/vg

Help?

Thank you!

Yours Faithfully,
Mrugesh Karnik

No problem ... I just did the same thing (installed 2005.0 w/ lvm2) ... Here's how I got it to work:

1) vgchange -a n  (deactive all the volumes)
2) vgexport -a vg  (export all the volumes)
3) vgimport -a vg  (import all the volumes into the existing system)
4) vgchange -a y   (reactive all the volumes)

This should do it for you...

-Hani

Ah!

Somehow I forgot to see --help on the export command... hehehe. I'll give it a try. Thank you. :)

Regards,
Mrugesh Karnik