Hi,

On Sunday 17 April 2005 18:17, Jarry wrote:

> Up to now I always used ext2, but now I want to try some
> journaling fs for my 2x160GB ata-disks, fully in raid1
> (partitions: / /boot /var /tmp /usr /opt /home and swap).

for /boot (shouldn't be too big. 20mb is way enough for /boot) ext2 is good.
Everything else is pure overkill and a waste of space.

For the rest reiserfs or ext3 should fit your needs. I am longtime reiserfs
user, so my view might be biased, but I prefer reiserfs.

XFS has a habit of replacing 'damaged' files with zeros, after a crash. This
is a 'security' feature, so one users data will not accidentally end in the
data of another user, but it can damage your system very badly.