Richard Fish <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> How did you do this conversion?  Reiserfs exhibits poor performance if
> you simply extract an archive of a different filesystem.

I installed gentoo with reiserfs as fs of choice.

So the files being rm'ed were built on reiserfs from the start.

I'm comparing to just a percieved difference in processing on former
os of choice Fedora Test 4 using ext3 throughout.
As posted in previous message, I no longer had an ext3 fs to try an
actual comparison.

So to clearup any misconceptions I may have fostered with my post.

1) I'm really just saying my current reiserfs system seems to do
   certain kinds of things much slower than form ext3 (under Fedora)
   system.

2) I've made no actual comparison... I've only timed a few chores
   performed on reiserfs, and they seem to be rather slow for a
   P4 2 ghz (Machine is a couple years old).