Hi!

If it's anything worth let me share my FS experiences. As a home user I
tried EXT2/3, XFS and Reiser. Switched completly from EXT3 to XFS a
couple of months ago for better performance. Survived a power fail
without a single problem. In the contrary I failed two times running
Reiser 3.6. In both cases the system ran fine for a couple of days and
than kaboom! Turned my machine on in the morning and the Reiser
partition was gone - without any change to recover. No logs - no
nothing.

For my business clients I strictly use EXT2/3 without any trouble for 2
years now.

I really don't think there is a killer argument for or against a specfic
FS. In theory they all have their strengths and weaknesses but in real
life you have to make your own mistakes I guess ;-)

Regards

spox

Am Montag, den 18.04.2005, 16:23 +0000 schrieb Raphael Melo de Oliveira
Bastos Sales:

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Heinz Sporn