Good afternoon,

I had intended on starting my conversion from Suse 9.1 to Gentoo over
the weekend, but the weather turned out to be way to nice to remain
indoors.

But in my planning stages I realized I have a bit of a longer learning
curve than I initially anticipated. So, I'm going to remedy this by
starting off with:

Question #1

What do the professional (and amateur) admins among you consider to be
essential system documentation in the event of a disaster. I am
fairly well versed on the requirements of a M$ based system and network,
but have only been dabbling in Linux for a couple years. Backups I know,
but what is considered a fairly necessary _paper_ trail in the event
that the unexpected happens, and a total rebuild is necessary in the
shortest time possible.

Thanks,
John
--
It is not unusual for those at the wrong end of the club to have a
clearer picture of reality than those who wield it.