On Wed, 20 Apr 2005 18:30:45 -0700, Mark Knecht wrote:

>    My older machines do not have this file. The new install does.
> What's the right way to use this file. Is this supposed to contain

It replaces /etc/hostname, so should contain the same information.

> HOSTNAME="dragonfly"
>
> or
>
> HOSTNAME="localhost"

Whichever is right for your machine, which is probably the former.

> I assume the former based on the comment in the file but etc-update is
> asking to set it back to localhost so I'm not sure which is proper.

This is one of those baselayout files that you shouldn't let etc-update or
dispatch-conf touch once it is correctly set.

--
Neil Bothwick

My brain's in gear, neutral's a gear ain't it?