On Fri, 2005-22-04 at 21:46 -0500, Hareesh Nagarajan wrote:
> Every time I download a Microsoft Powerpoint file off the web and open
> it in OpenOffice Impress the fonts in the presentation's are awry. How
> do I make OpenOffice use Microsoft fonts to fix this problem?

I'm not sure of this is actually the thing that does it, or necessary,
but some time ago (around the time when everyone was having trouble
getting bullet points to work right, I found I had to do the following
for fontconfig: (I have the following in /etc/fonts/local.conf)

------------------------------------
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE fontconfig SYSTEM "fonts.dtd">

<fontconfig>
        <dir>/opt/Ximian-OpenOffice/share/fonts/truetype</dir>
        <dir>/usr/share/fonts/corefonts</dir>
</fontconfig>
------------------------------------

But, it might have been adding those two directories
to /etc/X11/fs/config and running xfs. It's one of those "it works now,
and I'm not actually sure which one matters". Knowing, X, I wouldn't be
surprised if it's both...

AfC
Vancouver

--
Andrew Frederick Cowie
Management Consultant

Technology strategy, managing change, establishing procedures,
and executing successful upgrades to mission critical business
infrastructure.

http://www.operationaldynamics.com/

Sydney   New York   Toronto   London