Hello, i've been thinking about a new software and i would like the
opinion from the community about it's viability. It's not directly
related to Gentoo but OSS in general. The name i believe would describe
it the best is 'helpforge' the sameway it exists 'howtoforge' and
'sourceforge'. The main goal is to relate the sameway to 'contributing'
as sourceforge to deploy software. It would abstract technologies
(cvs,svn,whatever) from the common user enabling him to have an access
to a portal whre he could browse 'task requests' in a categorized way.

Perhaps the most elucidating example would be a translation. I'm coding
software 'X' and would like to translate the manuals to some foreign
language, i could (assuming my project is registered in the portal)
submit a 'task request'. Then, Joe (an happy guy who doesnt now anything
about cvs nor my project or even what is OSS) who has access to the site
and was perhaps an interpreter would read the task information and think
'Hey i can do this', download the files, translate them and re-submit
them. Then, another guy could 'verify' the task (check for errors) and
evaluate the 'contributor performance' and rate him. Then task would
then be complete and the developer notified.

I'm considering it could have the profiles :
                - developers (the project owners)
                - contributers (the one who contribute)
                - reviewers (those who review the work done)

The reviewing component seems interesting as it could minimize the
chance for errors. Also the 'contributor rating' could enable better
rated contributors to have access to harder and more important tasks.

The portal would categorize the tasks like translations, database
designs, UI designs, etc etc, the more the better. Also of could it
would contain information on how to access code repository's, project
information and such. Integration with sourceforge would minimize
duplicate project information.

As i say, these are mere guidelines, what do you think?