Brett I. Holcomb wrote:

> I understand that you can put /boot and / on an LVM but it's not
> recommended.  What about making / and /boot EVMS compatible volumes -
> will that work?

I'm not sure what you mean by making 'compatible' volumes...a
partition/disk is either an LVM physical volume, or it isn't.  There is
no 'compatible' mode.  There is no problem to mix regular partitions
with LVM partitions on the same disk.  Or, put another way, an LVM
physical volume can be any Linux block device, which includes whole
disks, primary or logical partitions, raid volumes, encrypted loop
volumes, dm-crypt volumes, etc.

There is no problem putting / on an LVM volume.  It is a bit more work,
because you have to make sure your initrd script runs the appropriate
commands to scan and activate the volumes.

-Richard