[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Hi!

I´ve installed a fresh Gentoo Server and installed Postfix and syslog-ng on it.
Now I´m missing the fluffy /var/log/mail logfile ... ;-(

Any clues - where to tweak this?

add these lines

destination mail { file("/var/log/mail.log"); };
filter f_mail { facility(mail); };
log { source(src); filter(f_mail); destination(mail); };

and edit this line to your local setting... by adding mail to the not line you keep your mail logs from showing up in mail.lot and messages.

filter f_messages { level(info..warn)
        and not facility(auth, authpriv, mail, news); };

The current Gentoo syslog-ng.conf is extremely bare bones. I've got a few post on the forums showing the older and IMO better syslog-ng.conf.

kashani