On Sat, 2005-05-07 at 21:17 +0200, Pere Gentoo wrote:
> On 5/7/05, Mark Shields <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > I think you're missing what he wants (and what I wanted to).  See:
> > http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_create_a_run_level
> >

> And after creating the new runlevel, is it possible to modify
> /etc/inittab so we could define the new runlevel in it without
> modifying grub menu. And then runlevel 3 would return to its default
> meaning.

what do you mean "default meaning"

what each runlevel does is entirely dependent on what is
in /etc/inittab, in other words its basically up to the distro, as
subsequently amended by the administrator of each machine.

OK so many distros define runlevel 5 for X and 3 as console only. But
many don't - see ubuntu for example.

--
Nick Rout <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>