1) I don't see how this should have anything to do with Microsoft, it
should be a free and open standard.
2) If you are going 20, 15, or even only 5 years without upgrading
your software, then you deserve to be the victim of every single
exploit and hole discoved in that software and patched within that
time, if you couldn't be bothered to do a simple upgrade.