Thats seems a good configuration, but what about /etc/hostname? thats
what im not sure of, how to set what the box sees as its own hostname,
without setting it to the domain (because thats the router/network),
but still with Postfix and apache running.

I guess I can use the config files for them as Neil, suggested. The
behavior I was seeing is that I did not set the hostname in apache's
config, but set it to hostname <myhostname>.