Wow. I caused quite a fuss, for which I'm very sorry.

To explain:

1. I do know what hijacking a thread means, and I know that it is
bad.

2. I did indeed start this thread by taking another email and changing
the subject line. I didn't realize that this would still be connected to
the previous thread, so while this was a mistake on my part, it was
unintentional

I am very sorry for the confusion I caused, and now I know not to do
this again.

By the way, how is the thread information retained, even if the subject
line is changed?

Sincerely,
Michael