I have installed Gentoo to a dual had drive system

/dev/hda1 --> Windows XP Professional

/dev/sda --> Gentoo Install
/dev/sda1 - /boot
/dev/sda3 - /
/dev/sda5 - /usr
/dev/sda6 - /var
/dev/sda7 - /tmp
/dev/sda8 - /home

grub.conf kernel line:
root(hd1,0)
kernel /kernel-2.6.11-gentoo-r8 root /dev/ram0 real_root=/dev/sda3 init=linuxrc
vga=0x318 splash=verbose

The liveCD boots and runs.

when I try to boot the system from grub to the gentoo selection I get

>> Mounting Filesystems...
>> Activating udev
>> Determining Root device
block device /dev/sda3 is not a valid root device...

The SDA Device is a Maxtor SATA Drive, I think it's not loading ata_piix which
the live CD loads. Is this a module or built into the kernel?
I did used genkernel to create my kernel.

Please help

Thanks.
CR Little

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:

This e-mail and any attachments are confidential. If you are not the intended
recipient, any further dissemination or use of this e-mail is prohibited. If
you have received this e-mail in error, please notify us immediately by
returning it to the sender. You should then delete all copies from your system
and destroy any hard copies you may have made. Thank you for your cooperation.