Stroller wrote:

> On May 16, 2005, at 4:41 am, Craig Duncan wrote:
>
>> I have two systems (x86 laptop and a x86 1u server) both of which have
>> been updated and now link to the 2005.0 profile
>> (/usr/portage/profiles/default-linux/x86/2005.0). When I emerge apache
>> on these systems the USE flags reported are different and I am unsure
>> what I did differently when updating each system - any ideas?
>

> You set your USE flags in /etc/make.conf and (optionally)
> /etc/portage/package.use
> Compare these files on the two systems.
>
> Stroller.

Yes, I understand that, but these are the default flags for the ebuild.
I comment out all my own use flags and on my laptop I see the following
defaults

net-www/apache-2.0.54-r4 +apache2 -debug +doc +ldap -mpm-leader
-mpm-peruser +mpm-prefork -mpm-threadpool -mpm-worker -no-suexec +ssl
-static-modules -threads

On the server, I do the same, yet the default USE flags are as follows

net-www/apache-2.0.54-r4  +berkdb -debug -doc +gdbm +ipv6 -ldap +ssl -static
-threads

Where are the mpm-* flags, why are the defaults on each system different?

Craig