gentoo-user@lists.gentoo.org wrote:

> On Tue, 17 May 2005, Antonio Coralles wrote:
>
>> > Well, this is more a repost than an answer ...
>> > antonio
>> >
>> By the way, i'm using gnome-2.8.3 ...
>
> OK, Ill bite ;-)
>
> Google really is your friend.
>
> Apparently, /usr/share/mime-info/gnome-vfs.keys has the MIME type and
> icons in XML format (note: this file might be in Unicode format!).
>
> You might find this useful:
> http://www.novell.com/documentation/nld/index.html?page=/documentation/nld/nld_deployment/data/bs07x2m.html

Hmm, I think I'm doing something wrong as gnome still displays
"application/x-extension-hpp" as mime type for hpp files, allthough in
my /usr/share/mime-info/gnome-vfs.mime you find

text/x-c-header
        ext: h H h++ hpp

So my guess is that there are some conflicts between the various mime
files on my system. Especially, how are the mime* files in /etc
connected to the ones in /usr/share/mime-info/ ?

antonio