Benno Schulenberg wrote:

>glen martin wrote:
>

>>This is an EPIA PD6000, which like the ME6000 uses the Samuel 2
>>processor. So I used those CFLAGS with other tweaks mentioned on
>>the same page.
>>
>>CFLAGS="-march=i586 -m3dnow -Os -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer -mmmx"
>>

>What happens if you recompile coreutils (containing chown and chmod)
>with just CFLAGS="-march=c3"?

I gave this a shot, no demonstrable difference (that is, I still get the
segfaults).

I'm still puzzled, though, that I can call chown by hand and it works
fine. That
is, I type
   chown portage:portage /tmp/foo
which works.  but the emerge log says
   /usr/lib/portage/bin/ebuild.sh: line 1882: 16369 Segmentation fault
   chown portage:portage "${T}/environment" >&/dev/null
doesn't work.

I'm starting to wonder about other possibilities:
1) Could the error report be erroneous? That is, not chmod/chown at all?
    Perhaps line number mismatching?
2) bash broken somehow? (I know, I'm stretching).

glen