Doing some research I find dmraid and this site: <http:// tienstra4.flatnet.tudelft.nl/~gerte/gen2dmraid/> and I spent a day trying to get my system to boot using the stuff there but it would never boot (couldn't mount the root partition). For now I will stay with my 2.4 kernel as this machine needs to go back into production.

Chad