On 5/23/05, Mark Shields <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I can't give you a factual answer, but I can give you a guess:  it's
> possible yum has different guidelines on including files, such as
> the sun-jdk you pointed out.  Licensing restrictions, maybe?  But
> no, that wouldn't make sense.  Or would it?

there is sun/rpm bug at
<http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do;:YfiG?bug_id=4680244>,
and I'm sure there're more.  Thanks to Nick Rout pointing out that yum
is a front end for rpm, I'll clarify my question:

due to that bug, which I probably should've mentioned in my first
post, a JDK RPM doesn't exist (outside of JPackage).  What is emerge
doing which allows it to bypass this bug?  if my facts are in error,
please correct them.

thanks,

Thufir