On Fri, May 20, 2005 at 06:23:52PM -0400, John J. Foster wrote:
> Good evening,
>
> Having only dialup at home forced me to bring my machine to work for a
> new installation. That all worked fine over a few days. My problem now
> is that I'm unable to get dialup to connect properly. I have only ever
> done this before through KDE. I get connected, exchange login and
> password info, and then the PPPD daemon dies instantly with a status of
> 16. I'm not really sure which direction to take with this. Is it PPP
> related? PAM related? I'm a member of the dialout group. Am I missing
> something really obvious?
Something obvious, of course. I hadn't had to setup my credentials for a
few years, and in a dream last night I realized that my ISP required
[EMAIL PROTECTED] and not just username. Sorry for the waste of bandwidth
on the obvious.

John
--
It is not unusual for those at the wrong end of the club to have a
clearer picture of reality than those who wield it.