I did the ebuild for  Winex after it was removed from portage - and I can't
argue with that.  At the time TG let you download CVS if you would provide
feedback so I joined the mail list and did so.

There is a native SOF but I had purchased Windows SOF long before it came out
couldn't go get  another copy of it.

I'm lucky in that I don't need IE much  so I can live without it or go to the
Windows machine and use it if I have to.

VMWare would be an option but for the Installshield stuff I need a Windows
machine to test on and duplicate what the users have.   That would be an
interesting Beta report to MS - operating system is Linux <G>.

Crossover I'd buy in a minute if I had a need for it but at this time
OpenOffice does it all.  If I can't get my wife to OpenOffice I may use
Crossover and run MSOffice on it.

I don't mind paying either for something that's worth it but I figured as you
did that I would try and do something with Wine and I like that  fact it's more
general, also.

Silent Service is DOS based essentially.  Yup - I know DOSBOX.  I spent a lot
of time with it and SS but again lack of time and the system dying killed that
project.  As soon as I get the Windows machine built I'll be getting my main
Linux box back up and start all this up again.

I'm planning on sooner than three years <G>.   Every Windows box I have to work
with makes me appreciate Linux more - and every  FC box makes me appreciate
Gentoo more <G>.