On 05/23/05 19:26, Ric de France wrote:
On 5/24/05, Antoine <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Basically we have to have a wisiwig environment for there to be any
interest. Even minimal tags will be too much for some of the
long-toothers in the company. I had a quick look at wikiwig, which looks
pretty much like it fits the bill. Has anyone used it seriously?
Maintained it? I just might be able to get Gentoo on one of our servers
if I can get a really polished wisiwig interface that won't crash every
ten minutes... having locking is also (now I think about it) going to be
necessary (almost got subversion for the intranet, but the lack of
locking was not a plus... I know you can do it with cvs but anyway).

Unfortunately, wikipedia does not come with a WYSIWYG code editor.
Saying that, the deployment I made was into an area where some people
have not ever coded in HTML or wiki-markup, and there aren't many
people that haven't picked it up in the space of about half a day. I'd
be guessing it would take that long to pick up Openoffice.org Writer
or MS Office Word if you have never used either application before.

It is differrent, but it's not any more difficult. The editor comes
with some buttons above the text entry box that markup the code that
you highlight. Give it a go sometime. You can always edit a page on
gentoo-wiki or wikipedia, and click on the preview button as many
times as you like without it actually commiting to the database.

HTH,

...Ric

Or use the sandbox...

<URL:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Sandbox>