Bruno Lustosa wrote:

On 5/27/05, Colin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
checking for C compiler default output file name... configure: error: C
compiler cannot create executables
See 'config.log' for more details.

/var/tmp/portage/texinfo-4.7-r1/work/texinfo-4.7/config.log is available
if needed.  I really don't want this to be one of those annoying-long
messages.

CFLAGS="-O2 -mcpu=604 -mtune=604 -fsigned-char -mmultiple -mstring
-fomit-frame-pointer -pipe -fstack_protector -fweb -ftracer"
A look in config.log might help. I guess it could be something with
your CFLAGS. I had this once when I tried -march=amd64 (instead of
athlon64).
So, when it would try to compile something, it would give an error and
fail the check, saying the compiler could not create executables.
The error you want to look should be near the end of the file, I think.
If you don't want to post config.log to the list, feel free to send it
to me privately and I'll have a look.

No, I found it. I changed -fstack_protector to -fstack-protector and now it's compiling. It bugs me how some CFLAGS use underscores, others dashes, and some use both.

--
Colin