Christoph Gysin wrote:

>Patrick wrote:
>

>>This is my first raid, i got it working without problems (i think) but my
>>dmesg contains this:
>>Is this a normal behaviour
>>
>>md: Autodetecting RAID arrays.
>>md: autorun ...

>The md kernel module is quite verbose. Here is a patch to make the kernel print
>only the necessary lines:

I think a far better option would be to filter them in
/etc/syslog-ng/syslog-ng.conf.  Then you do not have to re-patch your
kernel with every upgrade.

I use the following instructions to filter out the "PHY reset until link
up" messages that I get when eth0 is "up" (required for ifplugd to
function), but not connected to anything.  It can easily be adapted for
the RAID messages.

    # The eth reset messages also bug me...
    filter not_eth_reset {
            not(match("PHY reset until link up"));
    };

    log { source(src); filter(not_eth_reset); destination(messages); };

-Richard