Me:

Hallo, I recently passed to udev, so now I cannot use my Raid.

Gentoo si installed in /dev/hda.
The Raid is a striping raid composed of /dev/sda /dev/sdb and consists
of 4 partitions. I created it installing windows (work reason).
The SATA controller is a Silicon 3512.

Before, with devfs, I used dmraid to create
dev/mapper/sil<something>{1,2,3,4} and mounted direclty using this
devices. I had to remove dmraid eBuild from /usr/local/portage (or
something like that) because it blocked the "emerge -uD world", and the
devices now are disappeared (i.e. using dmraid the devices are not
created). I need to create them manually but I have not found the right
way to do it.
I someone knows how to create this devices, please tell me.

By the advices of you (Scott Stork), Richard Fish and A. Khattri I checked the kernel .config to see if there was this line CONFIG_BLK_DEV_DM=y.

I found this line compiled as module without autoloading at boot. Now, with the kernel 2.6.10-r6 using dmraid I have the devices. With this new one dmraid & dmsetup says there are no devices found. At boot time while autodetecting md array no error is encountered.

___________________________________ Yahoo! Messenger: chiamate gratuite in tutto il mondo http://it.beta.messenger.yahoo.com