Frieder Bürzele wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I have one question. Can I change the passed boot-commandline within an
>initrd-image?
>Is it possible to tell the kernel that it read the changed commandline?

Not AFAIK, because by the time initrd gets control, the kernel is
already booted and all internal drivers have been initialized.  You do
have access to /sys and /proc, so anything that can be modified by
sysctl is available for you to modify.  But major flags like "nosmp",
"acpi=", "noapic", and so on are fixed at this point.

I suppose you could mount the /boot filesystem, update the grub.conf
file (assuming you are using grub), and reboot the system from an
initrd.  That would be the 'brute-force' approach.

-Richard