On Mon, 2005-06-06 at 22:42 -0700, Grant wrote:
> > Or try Project Gentopia and make it automatic
>
> I checked it out here:
>
> https://dev.cardoe.com/gentopia/
>
> but I can't quite figure out what it's all about.

Project Gentopia is gentoo's version of project utopia which is aimed to
take the kludge and making hardware "just work"

If you really want to know, you can search for robert Love's
presentation files hosted on his ximian webpage. (whereever that may be.
I can forward a copy to you off-line if needed)

Plug camera in? Icon pops up in Desktop.
Bought a new HD? plug it in and it works. No fudging with /etc/fstab.
Need to have automatic power management? Gnome-power-manager will handle
it automatically.

stuffs like that works automagically.

--
Ow Mun Heng