On Thu, 2005-06-09 at 08:17 +0200, Jules Colding wrote:
> My USE statement includes 'unicode' but the build of dialog-1.0.20050206
> failed due to a missing libncursesw library.
>
> The problem is that libncurses is indeed build at this stage, but
> without unicode support. I assume "emerge --oneshot ncurses" will "fix"
> it, but ncurses should really have been build with unicode support from
> the start.

Beautiful, doing "emerge --oneshot ncurses" goes into calculating
dependencies and leaps into "step 1 of 26" the first of which is
dialog-1.0.20050206 which promptly fails due to a missing libncursesw.

My USE is:

USE="-qt -kde -oggvorbis -encode -xmms -mad -mp3 -mikmod -flac -esd -
arts -avi -alsa -oss nptl fbcon gtk2 gtkhtml gnome hal cdr unicode bzip2
emacs tetex"

Ideas/help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
  jules

--
Jules Colding