media:/ in the location bar works.  Pluging in usb devices automatically
appear.
The also show up on my desktop.

My problem was that I removed the old Device button when trying to add a new
media button.  The solution was to edit the
 .kde3.4/share/apps/konqsidebartng/virtual_folders/services/devices.desktop
properties and changed:

  name: media.desktop
  icon: kcmdevices

then copy

  .kde3.4/share/apps/konqsidebartng/virtual_folders/services/devices.desktop

  .kde3.4/share/apps/konqsidebartng/entries

Finally right click on the sidebar and Add New | Roll back to system
default.

Thank you,
Roy