On Thu, 09 Jun 2005 23:43:16 +0100, Ognjen Bezanov wrote:

> Sorry I didnt get that reply. Either way to answer that question, no - i
> do not have the noexec option in my fstab (where the drive is
> automounted). This is the line in my fstab:
>
> /dev/hda6   /mnt/storage   reiserfs   notail,exec,user

The user option sets noexec by default, and it appears the options are
processed in order, so user turns off the exec you have just set. Switch
the order of the user and exec options and it should work.

Use "mount2 on its own to see whether exec or noexec is actually set.

--
Neil Bothwick

I couldn't possibly be wrong. I use an error correcting modem!