Jason Newquist wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'd like to install the most recent version of Wordpress (1.5.1.2, I
> believe), but there's a security mask.  I'm aware of the problem, but
> I'd like to install anyway.  How does one override this kind of mask
> to get emerge to cooperate?
>
> As might be obvious from the question, I'm new to Gentoo.  Apologies
> if this question is answerable via RTFM.  :)
>
> Jason Newquist
> San Francisco Bay Area

Hi,
Check if you have '/etc/portage/package.unmask' dir&file, if not create
them 'mkdir /etc/portage', then 'touch /etc/portage/package.unmask'.
Second run 'echo "www-apps/wordpress" >> /etc/portage/package.unmask'.
Now should have 'www-apps/wordpress' inside then file (it's unmasked now).
Run "emerge wordpress"
That's all.
HTH. Rumen