Hi,
   I had not noticed this before. When I ssh into on of the other
machines here at home and run Open Office, when I want to print using
CUPS the printer is not defined. However if I walk to that machine,
log in using the same user account and do the same thing with the same
file then the printer is defined.

   Is there some config option that could make the printer visible
when I'm ssh'ed into the machine?

   This is out of Samba laziness really. I haven't wanted to deal with
using Samba and making the printer visible to the network. If there is
some way other than Samba (NFS for instance) to make the printer
visible on the network then that would be great.

Thanks,
Mark