Please help. I run Gentoo and try to use only the stable x86 packages for my
server. I upgraded from 4.43-r2 to 4.50-r1 as per portage's suggestion and
now I can't SEND mail from Outlook through my server to anywhere using
SMTPS. This worked fine earlier today before the upgrade. I don't see any
readme or other txt that would indicate I needed to configure something.
there was no
etc-update files to examine either.

checking here, i don't see any known bugs re: my issue.
http://gentoo-portage.com/mail-mta/exim/bugs

this also talks about port 465, but i'm using port 25 according to outlook.

this chapter talks about SSL, but it's over my head.
http://www.exim.org/exim-html-4.50/doc/html/spec_38.html
like i say, this worked earlier with the lower version, so i assume my
config files are correct.

If i disable SSL in outlook for outgoing, then i can send mail to my exim
server (daevid.com), but can't send to anywhere else as "relay not
permitted" [which is expected]

If i check the SSL box for outgoing SMTP (like i has always been), then mail
never leaves outlook. it just constantly tries to send.

i can send mail using 'pine' from the server to anywhere.

i don't see any messages in the log file ?!

i do have a firewall (shorewall). did some port change now that i need to
open?

here are the parameters for exim that i have in my emerge:

[ebuild   R   ] mail-mta/exim-4.50-r1  +X -dnsdb -exiscan -exiscan-acl +ipv6
-ldap -lmtp -mailwrapper -mbox +mysql -nis +pam +perl -postgres -sasl +ssl
-syslog +tcpd 0 kB

so +ssl is on.

i recieve mail just fine.

so at the moment, no users can send mail basically and i'm dead in the water
as we require SSL to send so that we're not an open relay. :(

I tried to post to the exim list but they have dynamic IPs blocked via an
RBL list even though you have to be a member of the list to post -- very
helpful. UGH! So I was hoping that someone on this list would be a bit more
helpful.