Heinz Sporn wrote:

Hi!

Viewing / reading implies that the information has already been transferred
(downloaded and rendered) to a client browser. So I don't think that you could
totally prevent information extraction on the client side.

Even if you prevent people from copying and pasting, you can't stop them from opening up nano and just typing a copy by hand, pointing a camera at the screen, taking screen captures, memorizing all the information and then telling someone, dictating it into a tape recorder... the best way to secure your files is to not put them on the Internet. Just print them out and hand them to someone along with a non-disclosure agreement.

Or, a little trick I picked up from the TV show "Ghost in the Shell." Convert all the text into barcodes and just let people's cyber-brains decode the barcodes. This technology, though, is definitely not ready for the general population... :-)

--
Colin