On Wed, 15 Jun 2005 00:16:20 +0200, Holly Bostick wrote:

> 1) trim out a bunch of binutils slots that I may or may not need (and
> therefore whose loss may break unknown applications), so that glsa-check
> (which is apparently broken with respect to binutils compiled with the
> multislot USE flag) can accurately determine that it has applied the fix
> to the binutils it perceives;

I don't think that glsa-check is at fault here. You have four versions of
binutils installed. according to the GLSA, one of them, 2.14.90.0.8-r1,
is vulnerable. So it would seem that as long as you have this package
installed, glsa-check is correct to warn you.

--
Neil Bothwick

Windows - From the people who brought you EDLIN!