Ow Mun Heng wrote:

>Finally found out I didn't modprobe cryptloop
>Works Now.
>
>Now, can anyone tell me if this will slow down disk access and by how
>much? (I'm doing it on a file so, I can't do a hdparm on the file.. or
>can I?)

I can only speak to loop-AES, not crypto loop, which for me (3Ghz P4)
encrypts and decrypts at over 100MB/s in single-key mode, and about
70MB/s in multi-key mode.  So the answer for me is not at all, as long
as the processor isn't busy doing something else.

Assuming that your loop file is bigger than the amount of memory you
have installed, You can test it with something like:

# time dd if=mystuff.aes of=/dev/null bs=64k
# time dd if=/dev/loop0 of=/dev/null bs=64k

Take an average of 3-4 runs each, ignoring the first result.

-Richard