Zac Medico wrote:

>Colin wrote:
>

>>I just can't mount this FAT32 partition:
>>/dev/hde5   /home/colin/Documents   vfat
>>uid=colin,umask=122       0 0
>>
>>When I try to mount it, I get this error:
>>mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/hde5,
>>       or too many mounted file systems
>>
>>I've tried every mount command I could think of.  It mounted under the
>>LiveCD.  Yes, I've compiled in msdos, VFAT and NTFS support, but it just
>>refuses to mount.
>>--
>>Colin
>>

>After you try to mount does the output of "dmesg|tail" have anything
>interesting?  What's the output of "fdisk -l /dev/hde"?  Have you been able to
>mount other vfat filesystems with this kernel, perhaps a floppy or usb flash
>drive?

Found it!  It was complaining about the iocharset "iso-8859-1" not
existing.  I must have mistyped that when I was building the kernel.  I
just stuck iocharset=iso8859-1 into my fstab and now it mounted just
fine.  Thanks for the tip, didn't expect to find that in dmesg--I
thought that was just for boot-up messages.
--
Colin