A. Khattri wrote:

> On Fri, 17 Jun 2005, Zac Medico wrote:
>
>>> Richard Fish wrote:
>>> I had to clear my cookie cache in firefox to be able to access
>>> bugs.gentoo.org again.
>>
>> Obviously Bugzilla didn't like the taste of your cookies :-).
>>
>> I'm not familiar with the way that Bugzilla interacts with cookies.
>> Anyone? I wonder if the problem with cookie handling was on the
>> client (JavaScript?) or server side.
>

> Cookies are often used for authentication, session data, etc.
>
> Maybe one of the cookies had a corrupt entry that caused in BugZilla's
> code?

The behavior was definitely strange.  I'm not a web developer, but it
seemed to me that the database server was just unable complete queries
in any reasonable amount of time, possibly being overloaded.

If it see it again, I'll note the contents of all the bugs.gentoo.org
cookies, and try removing them one-by-one.

-Richard