On 24/06/05, Holly Bostick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Qian Qiao schreef:
> > On 24/06/05, Qian Qiao <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> >>However, if I run udevstart before trying to start X, X fires up correctly.
>
> > More info, alsa woes too. alsasound cannot start correctly at boot
> > time, have to run a udevstart to start it too.
>
> Am I missing something, or doesn't this indicate that the issue is that
> udev is not starting automatically, at the proper time?

As u suggested, yes, my guess is udev isn't starting at the correct time.

> So isn't the question to ask, what is there in baselayout that normally
> determines when udev starts (or whether it starts), and has that changed?
>
> The Changelog also implies that one really, *really* needs to do an
> etc-update (or dispatch-conf, or cfg-update, as you prefer) after
> updating baselayout-- is it possible that some config file didn't get
> updated, and baselayout is a bit broken as a result?

I'd be too dumb if I try to post question to the list w/o doing what I
should do, and attempt to solve the problem myself. So the answer is:
yes, I've done the etc-update.

--
Money can't buy everything.
Sometimes money can't even buy a gun...