On Sat, 2005-06-25 at 12:27 +0200, Timo Boettcher wrote:
> Hi David,
>
> * David Busby <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Saturday, June 25, 2005, 1:26:27 AM:
>
> > I use a shell script that connects to my machines via ssh and
> > performs commands to:
> [...]
> > I made it so that there is a config file that describes the backup
> > as: host, db (yes/no), dir list. The machines are firewalled and the
> > ssh is only allowed when signed by my trusted CA (me as well) so I
> > feel pretty secure about it. Rsync allows me to throttle the
> > connection to so I don't chew all my bandwidth on the backups. Let
> > me know if you want a copy and I'll pull all my specifc stuffs out
> > and post a copy. Cheers.
> > /djb
>
> I would be very interested in this.

from Man Rsync

 --bwlimit=KBPS
              This option allows you to specify a maximum transfer rate
in  kilobytes  per  second.
              This  option  is  most effective when using rsync with
large files (several megabytes
              and up). Due to the nature of rsync transfers, blocks of
data are sent, then if rsync
              determines  the  transfer  was  too  fast,  it will wait
before sending the next data
              block. The result is an average transfer rate equalling
the specified limit. A  value
              of zero specifies no limit.

--
Ow Mun Heng